Saturday, April 16, 2011

the things i do: complain about the weather




Today is April 16th. Spring arrived nearly a month ago. And it is colder than a witches tit. And I am going to complain about it.

Today I went for a walk and took my daughter to the park. I wore a sweatshirt, jacket, jeans, scarf, hat and gloves. As I pushed the stroller home my fingers (inside of my gloves) were going numb. Numb. Numb. That's right: NUMB. What up with that?! It felt like wearing thermals under my jeans, mittens and a winter coat would have been appropriate. It is grey out; it is windy and cold and honestly, it sucks. I want warm weather. Bring on the heat damn it.

Thanks to thedreamygiraffe of South Carolina for permission to use 'Girl with Polar Bears'. One of my favorite things about this piece is that it is a print of her painting called 'Grin and Bear It'. Ironic?

No comments: