Wednesday, April 20, 2011

the things i do: try to learn new things - the hula hoop

I was out buying Easter basket goodies for my kid when I came across a hula hoop in the store. I decided I would make the investment and get one for myself. I don't know how to use it yet but I am committed to the idea of teaching myself. I realized that as a stay-at-home designer the hula hoop is the perfect thing for me. As I am waiting for things to print, files to save or items to download/upload I can easily pick up the hula hoop and 'practice'. I can pick it up and put it down very quickly and easily and it makes the time that would otherwise be considered 'down time' into productive time. I went onto youtube to find some instructional videos but have found everything a bit too 'advanced' for me. I need to know how to get it to stay up. Got tips for me? Please advise...

Thanks to Ali Fitzgerald of HoopMamas from Lawrence, Kansas for letting me use the above photo. You can pick up a hula hoop at her Etsy shop!

No comments: