Tuesday, April 5, 2011

the the things i do: preparing for open studios

want to guess what i am going to tell you about today?

if you are clever, you replied: 'the things you do'
if you are mean, you replied: 'i don't give a fuck'
if you are a bit dim, you replied: 'gardening'
and
if you are sassy, you replied: 'your husband'

well, the correct answer is the things i do.
today, my goal is to complete my piece for submission to the somerville open studios artists' exhibition at the somerville museum.

somerville open studios will be taking place on april 30-may 1, from noon - 5pm. i will be showcasing my beer labels and i will be exhibiting at my friend maria's house. she is a painter and has an etsy shop (www.mariamarx.com and etsy). we will be spot #65 on the map.

for the museum exhibition i needed to come up with something that would entice visitors to come see me, so this is what i came up with:


the bottle on the left was designed specifically for the event...it is a couple of somerville houses. the second bottle is purely self promotion. the third bottle is a popular design from my etsy shop and the last one is a tribute to my culture. i thought they represented my work.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Congrats on the blog! Looking forward to seeing your stuff in the Somerville Open Studios...

AP said...

LOVE the last label so much! Great work, Irene!

Xoxo
Amanda