Wednesday, April 6, 2011

the things i do: baby shower stuff






















'Traditional gender roles' are more and more a thing of the past. There are a lot of hip parents out there who aren't into the hyper blue/pink baby gifts and baby showers. It is still nice to shower an expecting family with gifts however people like to have fun doing it. And to some of us, identifying melted chocolate bars in diaper isn't it. I honestly can't recall the last baby shower that I went to that didn't include men and women, food, drinks and yes, gifts. I have been asked to design beer labels for baby showers before. These labels often replace existing bottle labels in order to add a little something-something to the shower decor. I try to keep a sense of humor in all my work. (If you read the fine print you may chuckle.)

My labels aren't saccharine sweet and I aim for gender-neutral. I select both colors and objects that an adult can tolerate. I also do labels for party favors. Today I am posting this picture of a soap bar label that I designed (and is available at my etsy shop) in honor of my pal who is having a baby today (we all hope).




















The other thing that 'i do' for baby showers is make invitations. I have found much success and acclaim with my online shower invites. Again, I don't go for the saccharine sweet. Instead I go for cool design! I also aim for efficiency in all that I do. And my invites reflect this. Essentially, I create a website with the details of your event (and I can even add a registry link) and when guests rsvp the correspondence goes directly to your email. I keep the site up for a few months and then, it goes away. No waste. No fuss. (And it's far cooler than a traditional evite.)

1 comment:

AP said...

LOVING the Baby Brew labels so much!!! If I have another baby, I PRAY someone puts these on the beer we serve. ;)