Thursday, April 28, 2011

the things i do: mess around with my drawings

I was hoping to create a beer label for the Steampunk City Art Exhibition but, long story short, I ran out of time. I ran out of time because I am teaching a full time class this week (I teach at Boston University's Center for Digital Imaging Arts), I am preparing for Somerville Open Studios, and I am preparing for an Open House this Saturday (we are selling our condo:FSBO). To top it off, I am also teaching a one-on-one class this Friday and celebrating my husband's birthday. Result: I didn't get it together in time for the submission deadline.

What I did do was start to create something....I am not entirely sure where I am going with it, but I can share a bit about my goals.... I wanted to mix my skulls with gears. My husband suggested I also toss in a splash of Victorian-era-camera-lens. So, I decided to pull out my handy iphone and use an app called OldPhotoPro and snap a photo of it. This is what I came up with.....and I'm not sure what do next. Ideas?

No comments: