Tuesday, April 12, 2011

today's shout out: LuLu of (MyPinkTurtleStudio)



















Today I would like to feature the work of LuLu! Not only does she have a fabulous name, but her work is pretty spectacular as well. I found her on etsy; her shop is called MyPinkTurtleStudio. She carries a large array of beautiful, colorful prints that she mounts to small pieces of wood to create these perfect little creations. Her work speaks to me on many levels: the color, the subject matter and the overall composition...mixing media and then there is the size. By creating small pieces (that are super affordable: many of her items cost $15!) you can afford to buy multiples and hang them together (or apart). One other great feature is that because they are mounted on wood blocks they can also free stand.

I purchased one piece for my home and another for my sister's christmas stocking. When they arrived I didn't want to give one up. I also realized that I could have purchased one for each of my sisters, most of my friends, my daughter and even for a gift exchange. These pieces are really special and really spectacular.

LuLu's selection is large. I know that at any point I can hop on to etsy.com and make a purchase from her to add to my collection. There are so many great options to select from that I am like a kid in a candy shop in her store.

You should really check it out. I mean it. Go. Look at her stuff. It's great.
Here's the link again:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyPinkTurtleStudio

1 comment:

LuLu Mypinkturtle said...

I am delighted you are featuring my art on your lovely blog ! Thank YOU and merci ! Such wonderful comments about my art make me blush ! The Etsy's shop door is wide open ! Come for a Spring visit ! Everybody is WELCOMED !