Monday, April 25, 2011

the things i do: finalize prep work for open studios

Label bottles. Check!

99 bottles of beer on the wall....well, maybe not 99 bottles, but it's a hell of a lot of them! I have finally finished washing, printing, and labeling all of my bottles for Open Studios. Above is a photo of all the bottles - some, still needing to be capped.

Make Signage. Check!

I made my signs to match my bottles. I appreciate the importance of 'branding'. One sign is a price list and the other is a set of instructions...explaining to people how it is done. I want it to be very clear as to what my 'product' is and how one goes about acquiring it. I also created a 'look book' containing samples of all of my preexisting label designs. I want to make it easy for folks to see my goods....


Yard Bottles. Check!
I covered a bunch of bottles with orange duct tape for the installation that will be created in the yard....it's going to be cool!


Comic Bottles. Check!
For the 'special day' I am having an extra special product available! These labels will be available only on the days of Open Studios. These comic book themed labels are extra fun because I will take your photo on the spot. I will bring a wig or two and have some sunglasses and perhaps some hats available for your impromptu fashion shoot. I'll design the label for you right there on the spot and email it to you...your cool comic label will await you in your inbox, ready to print, when you get home. The four bottles below are some samples that I made of myself. Fun stuff I say. Fun stuff.

No comments: