Monday, April 25, 2011

the things i do: fix things

Earlier I complained about my piece in the Somerville Museum. I complained that It was positioned in such a way that one would need to bend over to see it. You would need to get on your knees to read the text or see the details. Each time I saw the photo of it, it killed me. I have been spending a lot of time preparing for Open Studios and it really just broke my heart to see my work displayed so crappily.

Well, typical me, I decided that I needed to take matters into my own hands and at least ASK for them to fix it. It would kill me if I didn't at least ask. You never know until you ask right? So, I did. And guess what? They let me fix it!! Yipee. So, here is the new and improved display:

above is the 'after' shot. below is 'before':


I am so glad that I asked and that they were kind enough to accommodate me. It was an easy fix and now I can rest easy.

No comments: